Sunday, January 10, 2016

Perception #1: Tour de Provo






      It didn't take me long to start noticing new things shortly after I began walking around Center Street. First stop, the building I parked in front of; I realized that each block has a name, this one was Union Block. Along the way I noticed a lot of statues that I had never registered in my mind previously. This statue is of Martha Hughes Cannon, the first woman elected to a state senate. The next stop on my walk around Provo was the kissing point, which looks like its a pretty clever social media ad. Continuing, I stopped to look at the Beuford Gifford Bar (which I had noticed before) but I hadn't noticed the pirate flag hung proudly above the sign. It must be tough to be a bar owner in family-town USA, so rather than try to avoid being labelled as the "bad guys," might as well own it and post your colors. The last sight on my tour de Provo was a suit of armor in an antique store...How cool is that? My sense of wonder for Provo has been renewed.

1 comment:

  1. It is cool to see how fast you can find new things when you are opening your perceptions.

    ReplyDelete