Friday, January 22, 2016


This is a picture of a flower that I took in my wife's office today.  I thought that is was an interesting flower and unique for this time of year.  I sprayed the flower with water to give the picture more texture and enhanced the water drops in photoshop.  I also enhanced the yellow and greens in photoshop as well.  I think this is a symmetrical photo because of the way the flowers are positioned (two on each side).  

This is a puzzle that I worked on with my nephew.  I thought that it would make for an interesting picture for the assignment because it is almost complete.  It stands out because there is only one piece of the puzzle that is missing.  I went into photoshop and enhanced the background wood so that it brought out the more vibrant colors.  I also enhanced the colors in the puzzle.  I took the picture at an angle to create that depth.   

Lastly, this is a photo of my beautiful wife!  I took this headshot today at a cool grey/ white background that we were walking by.  I thought her red shirt looked good with the simple white and grey background.  I also enhanced her red lipstick to tie in with her red shirt.  I blurred the white and grey background to make her pop more and appear more present in the photo.  This photo is shallow because it is a headshot and headshots can tend to be more shallow because of this I wanted to create more depth with this photo and used a blurring effect through photoshop to do so to blur the background.  This made the photo have more depth to it and drew more focus to her in the center.  


1 comment:

  1. I like the color you used in the flower photo and your wife's headshot. There were some nice elements of composition there.

    ReplyDelete