Saturday, January 23, 2016

COMPOSITION PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT



Living Room Wall

This picture is all about BALANCE. It's just a picture of our apartment's family room wall. When I looked at it, I realized how geometric everything was. The large, circular clock, the mantle underneath--almost as if it is holding the clock up--which also divides the rest of bottom part of the picture nicely. The square shaped fireplace balances the large circular clock above it. The candle sitting on the mantle and the light switch just below the opposite side of the mantle really help with the balance and symmetry of this picture. I changed the color of the photo to B/W in order to focus on the shapes and balance of the photo and to subdue the distracting colors. 




Line of Shoes on Carpet


This picture is all about POINT OF VIEW. I think shoes have very different personalities, and since a pile of my roommates' shoes were at the door, I decided to line them all up. I placed them all in the same order, facing the same direction. By getting down low and shooting a picture that is from the shoe's "eye level" I thought it was easier to see each shoe's individual personality from this point of view. I had fun with editing the photo's colors; I made the picture vintage by lowering the saturation, except for the bright, red, high heels with I kept red.



Aging Fruit on a Kitchen Counter

This picture is all about SUBJECT/BACKGROUND. I did my best to incorporate the rule of thirds in this picture to create a balanced scene. There is one giant orange that is closest to the viewer and it is balanced by the outlet on the back wall over the counter. What makes this interesting is that the actual subject is blurred, but it is still the subject because of its proximity and size. The fruit behind the orange also stand out and are the main focus of the picture. The bright colors create a beautiful brightness to the picture and contrast with the cold-looking, grey countertop and wall. Besides the blurred focuses, I edited the picture's colors so they appear to be rich and vibrant. 

1 comment: