Saturday, January 23, 2016

Composition Photography

Subject/Background:


For this photo I have the temple as the subject and although the mountains are big, they are still clearly in the background and the viewer's eye is focused on the subject.

In photoshop I increased the brightness and the contrast and decreased the highlights and shadows.


Balance:



I took this photo of dishes and other things in my kitchen. I tried to follow the rule of thirds to achieve balance. There may be a rainbow of colors but I tried to get everything relatively the same height so it did not seem heavier on either side. I tried to achieve horizontal balance and symmetry with the two shelves and also vertical balance and symmetry with the cabinets on both sides of the shelves.

In photoshop I increased the brightness and decreased the shadows and warmth.

Point of View:



It took me a few tries before getting this picture the way I wanted it. I took pictures from far away with the whole building and the sky in the frame but it didn't look great. Then I got closer and took pictures of just the building in the frame but it still wasn't how I wanted it. The closer I got the better my picture looked. I like this point of view of being very up close and personal to the mural because it feels more lifelike than just art on a wall.

In photoshop I adjusted and cropped the picture, decreased the brightness and increased the contrast. 



1 comment: