Saturday, January 23, 2016

Composition Photography

Subject/Background
This car, which is the subject, really stuck out to me because it is the only old car on a block with a bunch of brand new cars in the background. I see it every time I walk to the grocery store, and it has always intrigued me. The subject doesn't quite match its surroundings. I decided to keep the colors on the old car, and make the rest of the picture black and white because this car reminds me of one that would be in an old movie.

Balance
I took this picture at the Smith's grocery store. There is a lot of symmetry and balance in this photo. The shelves balance out the cleared aisle down the center, and the lights and overhead signs balance it out, too. My favorite part of this photo is that it is very symmetrical. The original photo was much more dull and dark, so I changed some things in Photoshop. First, I straightened and cropped it, and then I made the vibrancy higher, and played with the hue and saturation. I also added a warming filter. 
Perspective
I took this picture of my roommate because I thought that she was looking out the window, and was deep in thought. I showed her the picture afterwards and she informed me that she was just looking at our pantry across the room deciding what to eat next. If I had come in at a different angle, this photo and the perspective and point of view would have been totally different, because the depth and angles would have been different. I don't think she would have looked as pensive. To make the picture more interesting, I blurred out everything except for my roommate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment