Monday, January 11, 2016

Perception #1: Downtown Provo

The extent of my downtown Provo exploring had been walking to and from my car to the desired building, so this exploration activity was insightful and enjoyable. I certainly had my preconceived notions about downtown Provo. It wasn't a real downtown, the city is too small and lacks the substantial personality to be worth my time. Oh how I was wrong! I was left intrigued at the snapshots through which I was able to get glimpses of stories and people that left me curious and wanting more. This "president" parking spot in a back end alleyway: does the president truly park there? What company was this even for? If it's for the president, shouldn't they at least bolt it down? Was it an attempt at irony? Certainly the "This way 4 gold" was, or at the least an effort to make the passerby smile. This doodle I saw on a corner window left me wondering how many other small treasures like it were sprinkled throughout downtown Provo. An out of context patch of grass with a quaint barn-esque building left me with a few more questions as well. Lastly, the Tommy's burgers sign impressed me: how often are things right in the open but we don't see them because there are always people walking by, cars parked in front of, etc.








1 comment:

  1. I like how you were able to break down some of your preconceived notions.

    ReplyDelete