Monday, January 11, 2016

Downtown Provo: What I didn't know

As someone who grew up in up-state New York, I have always had my opinion of what was classy and what wasn't. And to be honest...Provo was not under the classy list. However, after completing this assignment, I learned an important about perception and how false it can be sometimes! Having never taken the time to walk the streets of downtown Provo before, I was prejudging the little town as just a weird, old, collection of buildings, tacky place. But as I took the time to walk the streets and look around carefully, I discovered many things I have never noticed before.


An interesting way to place a mailbox :) 
Not your regular or rational position, but I think it makes the street that much more quaint and artsy. 




"love Family"
I never have taken the time to read little chalk messages on the brick walls. It's nice reading truth.





The Provo Pharmacy??!
I had no idea this even existed. As a lover of graphic design, everything I see in this view (the brick texture, the paint, the colors, the logo, the font...etc.) I love it!



I've seen Provo's Antique Store from the outside before...but when you go inside...
it's a paradise for vintage lovers! Along with the piles of the most random things you can think of, there were also deer heads all over the place. 




I never realized how much brick there was in Provo. I also never realized how much I like brick. Couldn't take my eyes off of this little logo--simple, but brilliant.



All right I will admit it. I think Provo is classier than I initially thought. I learned that whenever you take the time to look, you will find the unexpected beauties that are all around us. 

1 comment: