Wednesday, January 20, 2016

DT PROVES

Well, my visit to downtown provo was quite glorious.  I had no idea what beautiful secrets center street holds!  There are quite a few pictures here because I wanted to include at least half of the cool things I saw, leaving out awesome places like the old book store where the owner told me I could sell my hand made pens there.  As well as the freaking awesome old school barber shop above, where a super passionate guy was cutting hair.  Here's a few I got:

This door was the first thing I came accross on my travels to downtown P-town.  Although it was probably just under construction, I thought it was a pretty cool idea to just have a random door to walk through on the sidewalk, as some sort of symbol as opening doors in your life.


Chalk art on top of the parking garage.  Aliens- we all need saving!  just thought it was interesting that it was on top of the building- almost like a landing platform for aliens (See Independence Day)


Ice cream cones/ satelite thangs.



These spires resonated with me because they reminded me of the wood work I like to do on the wood lathe, making spindels, pens, etc.



This shot encompassed alot of cool elements for me.  First the bike on the roof to the left just thrown out the window or something.  The cool grafiti on the back of gurus.  And the ladder that goes up to the apartment complex.



Somebody just wanted to have some fun on their way to work each day.



Just thought the font style on this sign matched the snowflakes and feel of the store.  props...


lighting the flag with metal man




Nuskin wall.  half pictures half mirrors.  I spy myself towards bottom left.



cool architectural design, reflecting cool glowy snowlfakes in glass walkway.  Cool view of awesome new temple.


A seat in Nuskin I wanted to sit in just to sit in.


I snuck up to the top of Nuskin via propped open door and got a personal tour from Brother Curiosity of the executive office that looked somewhat like Darth Sidius's office.


Cool walkway accessed by a ladder.  restricted access got me intrigued.


This resonated me because it brought nastalgia from my childhood.  address in from hometown.


The grafiti design matched the crackiness of the sign.


Old antique horror movie baby in a super cool antique shop- with perhaps even cooler business owners.


This guitar shop had an AMAZING scent.  amazing.  Also thought it was a cool idea to use the back of an old building as the wall.  Really cool old feel to it that matched the feel of the guitar shop.

1 comment:

  1. You found some sweet stuff! I don't always recommend using restricted access as a calling card to change your perception.

    ReplyDelete