Monday, January 25, 2016

Composition Assignment - Subject, Balance, POV

SUBJECT/BACKGROUND


It's North! I love opening up my camera's iris to work with shallow depth of field. Here's my beautiful subject North, more specifically, her blue eyes, which rest in focus, while the fore and background fade into blur. The contrast of her fur to the blurred pastels help to create clarity of subject.

BALANCE
The Beautiful White snow and ice up at Sundance create the perfect contrasting balance against the all dark greys and brown's of Jesi's outfit, and all else to the left of the central divide. This perfect line that extends from nearly total top to bottom creates clear delineation and contrasting balance. 


POINT OF VEIW


It's my other daughter! Aspen! She has a great smile. I love this picture because of the point of view. This is how I see her, looking at her from above, every time my car pools in the driveway. She comes to the gate, and slides as much of her body under it as she can, to get as close to me as she can. This high angle is a perspective true to the scenario and subject matter, and gives a uniquely wonderful point of view that no one but me gets to see :)



No comments:

Post a Comment