Saturday, January 23, 2016

Photography//Composition


Subject/Background: My eye was immediately drawn to this crumbling cinder block wall. I wanted to catch the smooth sides and the rough broken ledge. It's clear that the wall is the subject even amongst the fallen leaves. This fits the rule of thirds. 

Photoshop: I played around with curves, color balance and vibrance. 


Balance: This photo balances with the brightness of the white at the top left corner and the darkness of the gray in the bottom right corner. There's a balance along a diagonal line. I think the soft rays of the sunshine are a nice touch. 

Photoshop: I changed it to black and white. 


Point of View: I love this temple. I was on the grounds and just looked up and took the picture. You know how little kids crane their necks to look up at adults? That's how it felt looking up this close to the base of the temple. I loved how the stone looked along with the gold and crisp, blue sky. 

Photoshop: I messed with brightness, contrast and hue. 

1 comment: