Sunday, January 24, 2016

Composition Photography


Subject vs. Foreground

Sitting down at a mini art museum at the Sundance Film Festival. There was a nice, recliner couch positioned to be able to enjoy this circular piece of art in the middle of the floor. The piece itself is incredible, but I loved how you could see more paintings by looking through the middle of the logs. The subject in this photo is the log piece and the paintings. The foreground is my shows, so I guess this is really a subject vs. foreground photo.

Photoshop: focus adjust


Balance

Another museum at the Sundance Film Festival. I loved how this mini museum was designed. The wood floors, gray walls, and multiple layers made it so you could check out multiple paintings if you stood back far enough. This photo shows two of my favorite paintings, one being closer and one farther away. The painting in the background, as well as the painting on the side, give balance to the photo. I made the photo black and white, and then added color only to the paintings to give it more balance as well.

Photoshop: contrast, color, tilt


Point of View

The stairs right outside my apartment. While I was walking up the stairs, I noticed the symmetry between the stairs above and below me. I took the picture with the phone above my head looking at the backside of the second set of stairs, and the frontside of the first set of stairs. I edited this photo a ton to bring out the black & white contrast, and I turned it upside down just to mess with your mind a little bit.

Photoshop: brightness, contrast, shadows, orientation

No comments:

Post a Comment