Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Composition Photogrpahy

Point of View

Photographing my jewelry in a new way made it beautiful to me again. It had become quite mundane after looking down at all of it every day on my way out the door. Taking the time to find the right angle, and really having to look at what I was taking a picture of, livened up these necklaces for me again. In Photoshop, I sharpened up the bottom of the picture a little bit to give an even more startling effect than just the focus created through the camera.

Balance

I had one minute to take this wonderfully balanced shot. Although there are not several objects working together to create balance, the symmetry of this clock creates a perfect balance all by itself. In Photoshop, I highlighted the dark metal around the outer rim of the clock to give it a more weathered, grungy look. I also brought out the brightness of the right side because of the glare that was already in the photo. The light on the right and the dark on the left seem to add even more balance.

Subject/Background

This photo is obviously a subject in front of a background. This shot calls attention to the subject even though there are designs and cool textures on the background behind her. In Photoshop, I added focus to my subject, which in turn blurred the chalkboard behind her, giving the chalkboard even more of a creamy, chalkboard-y vibe. I also did some very minor touch-up on my subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment