Sunday, January 24, 2016

Composition Photography

Point of View

This is a photo of some cardboard letters wrapped in yarn I have hanging up as decoration. Everyday I look at these letters straight on, never from an angle. I took it would be interesting to see how they looked from the side of the wall. I suppose it could be a metaphor for looking at love with different perspectives. There's not a right or wrong way to look at it. (Cheesy, I know).  In photoshop I decreased the brightness and darkened the color to make it prominent on the wall.




Balance

This photo was taken with the rule of thirds in mind. I consider the crown of the cactus to be the focal point of the photo so I placed it in the top left-hand corner of the frame. I used a white wall to capture the bright color the cactus possesses and to accentuate the design on the mug that the succulent is in. I used photoshop to increase the clarity, color and brightness of the photo.





Subject/Background

I snapped this photo while just working on homework in my room. My computer had gone into sleep mode and started showing the time. I took the photo focused on the computer and showing the environment I was working in, my room, out of focus. It gives the viewer an idea of what exactly they should be looking at. Photoshop was used to change the colors to black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment