Sunday, January 10, 2016

Downtown Provo

Center street; a place that we all know and love. Some frequent the location daily, other, like myself, weekly. However, as a center street regular I assumed I knew about all that it had to offer. Delicious food, cute shops, the giant NuSkin office building. As I began to walk down the street, I realized in a matter of steps how little I really knew and started to notice all of the incredible things that I had previously failed to notice simply because I wasn't looking. Center street has a lot to offer to the curious mind and watchful eye.

A life-size ostrich can be found inside "Cat's Cradle Antiques"

Apparently, a "Brigham Young Academy" used to exist. It is now known as "Brigham Young University".


In the front window of "Dave's Bernina" one can find the top trending sewing machines for different years dating back to 1945. The evolution travels up to the modern day 2015 edition. 
While myself and many others always assumed B&H pharmacy was just a pharmacy, one look in the window will prove that it is home to a variety of gifts, including a special British flag collection.
Center street is home to the oldest Yarn shop in the USA. Heindselman's stands as the oldest shop on center street and is still serving citizens today just as it did in 1904. 







1 comment:

  1. Its always cool what you can find in a place you are familiar with when you just start looking.

    ReplyDelete