Sunday, January 24, 2016

Composition/Photography

Point of View

This candle fell off my desk and the way it was positioned made it look as if the candle had been burning upwards. I took the saturation down in the picture.

Subject/Background

I really toned down the colors in this one so that they're barely there. I also blurred the words on the screen so that someone looking at the photo wouldn't be so focused on trying to read the words but instead on what is actually in the picture - a kindle and a cup of tea.

Balance

In this last photo, I used the rule of thirds to find balance. I cropped the picture to this and also brought out the red and blue tones more.

1 comment:

  1. Remember the notion of "fulcrum" with balance. Right now there's nothing else really pulling the foto to give it balance. It's just the mountains

    ReplyDelete