Monday, January 11, 2016

Perception 1, Downtown Provo

I've walked this part of Provo a few times before, but usually I drive it. Walking every inch gave me a more thorough perspective of what is often seen as a thriving, lively oasis - especially on a sunday afternoon. Why does "run down" best describe downtown provo? I honestly don't know. It would be easy for well-off locals to do low-cost rebuilds/restorations all over town, and turn a profit (or at least break even). Someone has to take the initiative I guess!! Maybe it will be me....
1) Abandoned Parking Lot, fenced with barbed wire. Don't want anyone getting into your abandoned parking lot.

2) Abandoned Home, that was probably once a less neglected, really beautiful piece of architecture.

3) One of a number of dirty alleys I hadn't noticed - this closed (at list I think it was closed) auto shop was next to the one I chose.

4) I don't know that I've ever seen these lanterns lit, but this whole street was lined with them? Maybe they've sadly never been turned on - or maybe I simply haven't noticed.

5) Here is, in contrast, a hopeful example of something I will visit and support. Diegos. I've never seen it before, but I will be seeing it again. Thank you, Diego, for staying in business.

1 comment:

  1. There are definitely a lot of old things downtown. You should re-do Provo. You have my vote.

    ReplyDelete