Sunday, January 24, 2016

Photography Assignment

Subject/Background:
This is the Utah Capitol building. That is clearly the subject in the background. There is nothing confusing or any other subjects competing with this big building. Come on, it's hard to compete with such a big building. I took this picture from the bus.


Balance:

I took this picture at Arby's of all places. It's the stairwell. I chose this for balance because of the fake ivy hanging down the stairwell. The way the stairwell points to the door and the wood contrasting the white brick balances the photo very well.

Point of View:
This picture was actually really fun to take. If you look closely, the head on the parrot cookie jar is missing, and I placed an identical cookie jar behind the headless one so it appears as if the head was never missing. Long story short, my husband broke the head on the first one and he bought me a new one sometime last year. I just haven't thrown out the headless jar yet... Anyway, I arranged the shards of the broken head in front of  the headless body while the other one creeps up from behind. I did adjust the colors on Photoshop so that the picture wouldn't look so yellow due to the poor lighting in my basement apartment. 


1 comment:

  1. Crazy illusion on the bird jar one! I really love the symmetry of the temple one. It looks so warm there! Summer can't come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete