Sunday, January 24, 2016

Photography-Composition

POINT OF VIEW
Everyone has used a mouse. Since I have a laptop now, I sometimes forget about these essential parts of a desktop computer. I wanted to try and give this ordinary object a sense of celebration and intrigue. For this photo, I tilted the photo using Photoshop so it has a different feel rather than how I originally found and took this picture.


BALANCE
This is a picture of my garbage can. It just so happens that it is in a place in the kitchen where everything is in balance. I like taking ordinary or forgotten everyday objects and turn them into something that should be celebrated. In Photoshop, I changed the contrast of the photo as well as the shadows around the garbage can. 

SUBJECT/BACKGROUND
I am not really sure why we still have a turkey on our fridge or when it even got there, but I wanted to play with focusing on something in the distance with a close object in the foreground. I used the blurring tool around the shoe so the focus is on the turkey.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be more effective to have the trash can alone-it feels like the cabinet's are competing for the sense of balance

    ReplyDelete