Sunday, January 24, 2016

Photography/Composition


Balance
                                            
PHOTOSHOP: I lightened the background and enhanced the color. Changed the contrast, reduced the shadows, and increased the saturation. I tired to go for a vintage vibe. I also cropped the image to apply the rule of thirds. To me, this photo represents a balance between light and darkness. The house, which is the subject of the photo, is the darkest object which makes it stand out against the white and blue background. 

Subject/Background
PHOTOSHOP: I sharpened the image to create a clear separation between the subject and the background. I also increased the darkness of the shadows so that they would pop against the white background. I used the clone stamp tool clean up the background so that her would stand out as the subject. 
Point of View 
PHOTOSHOP: I increased the sharpness of this image and used the clone stamp tool to take out part of a blanket. I also made the lighting a little warmer and increased the exposure. I think the point of view makes this photo. It is taken from above his head so you can see his entire little body while he sleeps. It also amplifies the fluffy blankets around him adding an element of comfort.

2 comments:

  1. The Subject/background one is nice. I really like the shadows too. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you're trying to do with the first photo. I think for the symmetry to totally work it needs to be perfectly balanced-the right side of the lawn gets cut out a bit.

    ReplyDelete