Sunday, January 10, 2016

Downtown Provo

Sunday afternoons call for walks but during the winter months, I beg to differ. Regardless, my friend and I bundled in our warmest clothes and took on downtown Provo in 28-degree weather with frozen fingers and open eyes. The things I started to notice may seem a little obvious but they were placed in such a way that only one that set out looking for it could find it. Many of the things I found were because I tiptoed around to the back of buildings, looked down at my feet for a little while walking or turning my head with every few steps. Crossing the crosswalk with my eyes fixated to the ground, I was able to see the SLC Olympic manhole covers and forever footprints in the sidewalk. Turning my head, I saw a colorful mosaic in the gloom of the day and the advertising of the old pharmacy from 1885. Finally, poking my head around the corner of a building I found a patriotic tin man staking the American flag in the ground. The charm of downtown Provo has only increased in my eyes. It’s a little gem of history on the Wasatch front.


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment