Monday, January 11, 2016

Perception #1: Downtown Provo

There are two stuffed bears inside of Harris Hearing, and I am not sure want to know why.

A side walk that leads to a wall.

Rainbow Fence 

Empressively etched faces on the side of a wall.

"PROVO"

I have never spent much time in Downtown Provo, besides the occasional Comedy Sports fix and Indian Palace dining, but I very much enjoyed my stroll in the Downtown area. I was intrigued by a lot of the little details, but what most fascinated me were the people. The Downtown area I can easily say is one of most diverse places in the city. People from different classes, generations, races all walked the streets.
Other post's I have read have talked about the historic-rundown attributes of the perimeters we were given and I have to agree with them. Despite the traffic and the number of people this place could belong in an abandoned mining town, except for the hypster-ish twist that some of the buildings carry. And I also noticed the "weirdness" of Downtown: stuffed bears fighting in a hearing-aid shop, sidewalks that lead into walls, etched graffiti, as well as brightly painted fences and walls. I also feel that Downtown is divided into parts, each part with it's own distinct culture. The cultural differences that are supported by such a small area make up for the diversity, history, rundown hipster trends that define the area.

1 comment:

  1. I liked the photo of the rainbow fence a lot. That had a cool perspective to it.

    ReplyDelete