Monday, January 25, 2016

Composition Assignment


Balance
I liked the lines from the track- I couldn't quite figure out if the station toward the back would qualify for rule of thirds? I straightened out the picture, increased contrast and layered a filter to add to the "dreary weather"esque look.


Point of View
I thought the wood was so pretty and that the grapefruit was presented in a chic, classy way so like any food blogger would do I stood up to take the picture. Food just looks better that way. I straightened and cropped the picture so the napkin was straight, although I wish I had straightened the napkin in person so it would align with the wood table lines. I brightened the picture, increased contrast and slight saturation.  


Subject/Background
I wanted to focus on what we were doing, playing cards, but also remember the coziness, who I was with, what the atmosphere in the room was.  I darkened the shadows, increased contrast and sharpened it a bit.

1 comment:

  1. There's so many things going on in your first photo that it's hard to get the sense of "balance"-try to remember the notion of the "fulcrum"

    ReplyDelete