Monday, January 25, 2016

Photography assignment

Unique point of view.
I was fascinated by the vines on side of my grandparents home where old, dying vines were being pushed aside by new green vines, despite the winter weather. Taking an image of the whole chunk of vines was confusing and unfocused, but then I found this point of view.
On photoshop I corrected the levels, brightness and contrast, and used the hue and saturation tool to saturate the colors with a bit of red to warm it up.

























Balance
Here I used a contrasting color and shape to balance out all the empty space on the photo. I found this obscure berry tucked in the backside of the bushes by the window wells.
In photo shop I used the crop tool, adjusted the levels, and increased the vibrance of the photo. I also dodged the berry a bit to help it stand out.




Background and subject
For this photo I wanted both the background and subject to work together to tell a story, or at least create interest. So I put a summer item in a winter setting, hopefully causing the viewer to wonder how/why it got there.
In photoshop I adjusted the levels, did some minor cropping, and dodged/burned the bush to get the lighting just right,








2 comments:

  1. I'm loving the shell thing. Clever. If only summer were here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to think of balance in relation to a fulcrum-even when dealing with color or shapes. There's not enough contrast to create any sense of balance in this image

    ReplyDelete