Sunday, January 24, 2016

Composition Photography

Subject/Background
Corn dogs were 50 cents at Sonic for one day only! I photographed the sign with the Sonic restaurant in background to imply the deal was occurring that night. The cars and people also help tell the story. I increased the contrast in Photoshop to make the colors stand out a little more.

Point of View
I took this picture of a few of my roommates while we were walking home from church. The view through the trees draws attention right to the center of the photo. It also adds a nice winter-like feel. I used the sharpen tool on my roommates.

Balance
I took this photo from a parking garage in Salt Lake. It makes use of the Rule of Thirds with the largest building aligning with the imaginary left cross-hairs. In class, we learned that aligning an object with these cross hairs makes the photo more appealing. I added a gradient in Photoshop to make it black and white. 

2 comments:

  1. The black and white one looks legit. Corn dogs one looks good since the white on the sign really makes it stand out, but then again, it's hard not to notice a sign for discounted corndogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete