Sunday, January 10, 2016

Downtown Provo - Spencer Andersen

My trip around Provo really opened my eyes to how much diversity there really is in this town. Being from Idaho, I never really had much appreciation for Provo. In my mind, it was always a place just full of white Mormons, but this trip helped me see another side of it. It is quirky and full of cool architecture. The main thing I noticed was the stark contrast between the Nu Skin building and pretty much everything else in the area. The Nu Skin palace is sleek, clean, and modern, while the rest of the area is old and much of it has fallen into disrepair. These are some pictures I took of the buildings and their contrast to the Nu Skin office. My final picture shows the two temples, one to God, one to capitalism.

1 comment:

  1. I'm from Idaho too, and I thought the same thoughts, but Provo really does have a lot to offer.

    ReplyDelete