Sunday, January 10, 2016

Downtown Provo


As of this week I have lived in Provo for one year. Meaning, I have had my fair share of weekly visits to downtown Provo for dining, entertainment, and social gatherings. However, this time on cold Sunday night I knew I was in for a new experience. Once my friend and I parked outside an old boutique, the snow started to fall and our journey down Center street began.


This statue is a tribute to the faith of children - they can do. If it wasn't for this assignment, I wouldn't have stopped at this statue to observe what the children are doing and why it is significant. The statue titled "earthmovers" portrays children as powerful and capable beings. I am glad I took the time to this art and the meaning. 
There is something interesting I've noticed about Joseph Smith statues. They all look the same and yet, so different. Above is a brass sculpture of Joseph Smith in a unique way. 

I noticed a number of these convenient navigation signs on multiple different signal light poles. Typically, I would not have recognized them because I know where I am going, but it was interesting to pay attention to small details we filter out in our daily lives.

This assignment provoked me to step outside my visual norm and view things that often get looked over.

No comments:

Post a Comment