Monday, January 25, 2016

Composition

This photo represent balance. The purple hues in the photo are balanced by the blues and other dark hues in the photograph. In editing this photo I changed the exposure and distorted the levels to make the sign appear more purple/pink than its original red. Location: Muse Music Cafe, Provo.
This picture shows subject & background. I wanted to illustrate the temple and the scriptures as being a key to making it to the temple. I changed the photo to black and white to make it a little more compelling while also adjusting the contrast, brightness and exposure to make the scriptures pop a bit more. Location: Provo City Center Temple.

This photo represents perspective. Many pictures of the temple I have seen show the entire temple, but I liked the perspective of the steeple against the cloudy sky. I darkened the temple so it would stand out a bit more against the gray sky. Location: Provo City Center Temple.


1 comment:

  1. It really helps to think of the notion of balance with a fulcrum. The color elements are interesting, but don't really add a sense of "balance"

    ReplyDelete